ROSS performs the following actions:
- Delete sitecollection and restart services
- 'Get Latest Version' from SourceSafe
- Rebuild Solution
- Install all wsp solutions
- Create SiteCollections
- Check for build en provisioning errors
- Send email to developers if errors occurred
Here are the command line tools used in this script.
- Stsadm command-line tool (Office SharePoint Server)
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 includes the Stsadm tool for command-line administration of Office SharePoint Server 2007 servers and sites.
Stsadm is located at the following path on the drive where SharePoint Products and Technologies is installed:
%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\microsoft shared\web server extensions\12\bin. You must be an administrator on the local computer to use Stsadm.
- Visual SourceSafe SS Utility (ss.exe)
Implements Visual SourceSafe commands from the command line. When this utility performs a command, it parses command line options,
stores their values in memory, and then evaluates default options before executing the command.
Default options can be stored as Windows environment variables or in initialization variables defined in the Srcsafe.ini and Ss.ini initialization files.
- MSBuild Command Line (msbuild.exe)
Builds the specified project or solution file, with the specified options.
Blat is a Public Domain (generous aren't we?) Win32 console utility that sends the contents of a file in an e-mail message using the SMTP protocol.
Search and replace <Fill> with appropriate value in the script !!!